I’m so excited to be doing my first giveaway, along with talking about the best makeup for traveling! One winner will get a $100 Sephora Gift Card, but first, my picks for the best makeup while traveling!
1. Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner ($19) – What I love most about this is it’s super easy for traveling because the pencil sharpener is in the cap! It just takes up so much less space and you never have to worry about forgetting a sharpener (which I’m notorious for doing)!
2. Diorshow Waterproof Mascara ($27.50) – The one in the picture is an older version, but I love the Dior waterproof mascara because it doesn’t run while at the beach or in the pool! Black streaks that make it look like you’re crying are the worst!
3. Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio ($45) – I’m OBSESSED with these! The sticks are small enough to fit in a small makeup case (perfect for traveling), and it comes with this great guide on how to contour based on the shape of your face, which is perfect for someone who doesn’t really know what they’re doing (like yours truly)!
4. Buxom Full-On Lip Cream ($20) – I am NOT one for lip glosses, AT ALL, but I love this stuff. I was hesitant to even try it, but oh my goodness, now I am obsessed! When off on excursions and such, you don’t want to really carry lipstick around. I dunno, maybe you do, but I’d feel a little silly about it. It’s about the amazing sights and not ME. You’re hot and sweaty but have perfect makeup and lipstick – that’s not realistic. This lip cream though is PERFECT, as it gives you that natural shine!
5. Sephora Travel Makeup Brushes – I talked about these brushes here, but unfortunately they don’t sell them anymore. They are the best travel brushes and came with the most awesome makeup case. Hopefully they will release something similar in the future, because it’s so easy to take these everywhere. It has one handle and the heads all magnetically attach to it, making it really easy to transport and use!
6. Nars blushes ($30) – These are my favorite blushes. I find they blend really well and last a long time. I usually only take one with me when we go away because I don’t want to overpack, but this Nars blush (the dual-intensity) is great because there’s two.
7. Anastasia Brow Wiz ($21) – I have super thick eyebrows so I don’t really use this for its intended purpose. I actually use it just above my eyeliner on the top lid. I don’t really use eyeshadow because I don’t like a lot of makeup so this is perfect!
8. Nars Radiant Concealer ($29) – It really works and is small enough to travel with. It’s easy to throw in your purse or book bag and re-apply after a snorkel or swim!
9. Sephora Master Cleanse: Daily Brush Cleaner ($5) – I get the 2 oz., so it’s plane-friendly (I always bring my makeup bag in my carryon), and it’s great to clean your brushes after each use. It really helps with breakouts.
10. Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick ($20) – Just one of the many lipsticks I alternate!
11. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup ($40) – At half the price of my other foundation, this is my go-t0. Again, it’s 1 oz. so it’s plane safe, and if you’re going away for just the weekend or something and don’t want to take the whole bottle, I squeeze a bit into one of those mini plastic tubes you can pick up from the drug store (or even ask your local makeup counter if you can have one of their sample size tubes). I don’t like the feeling of having makeup caked on my face, so this lightweight foundation is great.
12. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($38) – There’s also a smaller travel size for $23 – If you don’t already own this product you must get it right now! This powder sets your makeup, which is a must, especially when you’re traveling and embarking on all these adventurous activities! I even find it helps my makeup stay on when I’m super sweaty on the beach or on a hike!
I’m anxious to hear your favorite Sephora products, and one lucky reader is going to win a $100 Sephora gift card!
Head to Sephora.com and pick out your favorite product, then come back here and comment which one you selected!
For ANOTHER Entry:
– In a separate comment, subscribe to A Dash Of Luxury’s YouTube Channel.
One winner will be chosen at random on Monday, May 9, 2016 and awarded a $100 usd Sephora Gift Card. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. This giveaway is open to residents of the contiguous 48 U.S. states, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the following international locations: Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, and the United Kingdom, as that is where Sephora currently ships to.
Good luck to all!