I’m so excited to be doing my first giveaway, along with talking about the best makeup for traveling! One winner will get a $100 Sephora Gift Card. Details are below, but first, my picks for the best makeup while traveling!
1. Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner ($19) – What I love most about this is that it’s super easy to travel with. The pencil sharpener is in the cap.
2. Diorshow Waterproof Mascara ($27.50) – The one pictured is an older version, but I love the Dior waterproof mascara because it doesn’t run while at the beach or in the pool! Black streaks are the worst, and I seem to have luck with this one.
3. Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio ($45) – I’m OBSESSED! The sticks are small enough to fit in a small makeup case (perfect for traveling), and it comes with this great guide on how to contour based on the shape of your face. It’s perfect for someone who doesn’t really know what they’re doing (like me)!
4. Buxom Full-On Lip Cream ($20) – I am NOT one for lip glosses AT ALL, but I love this stuff. I was hesitant to even try it, but oh my goodness, now I am obsessed! When off on excursions and such, you don’t want to really carry lipstick around. I dunno, maybe you do, but I always feel a little silly about it. Traveling is about the amazing sights, not looking good. I’m hot and sweaty, and having perfect makeup and lipstick is not realistic. This lip cream though is PERFECT. It gives you a natural shine that doesn’t look silly.
5. Sephora Travel Makeup Brushes – These are the best travel brushes, and come with the most awesome makeup case. It’s so easy to take these everywhere. It has one handle and the heads all magnetically attach to it, making it really easy to transport!
6. Nars blushes ($30) – These are my favorite blushes. I find they blend really well and last a long time. I usually only take one with me when we go away because I don’t want to overpack, but this Nars blush (the dual-intensity) is great because there are two.
7. Anastasia Brow Wiz ($21) – I have super thick eyebrows, so I don’t really use this for its intended purpose. I actually use it just above my eyeliner on the top lid. I don’t use eyeshadow because I don’t like a lot of makeup, so this is perfect!
8. Nars Radiant Concealer ($29) – It really works and is small enough to travel with. It’s easy to throw in your purse or book bag and re-apply after a snorkel or swim!
9. Sephora Master Cleanse: Daily Brush Cleaner ($5) – I get the 2 oz., so it’s plane-friendly (I always bring my makeup bag in my carryon), and it’s great to clean your brushes after each use. It really helps with breakouts.
10. Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick ($20) – One of the many lipsticks I alternate when we go out to dinners and such!
11. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup ($40) – At half the price of my other foundation, this is my go-t0. Again, it’s 1 oz. so it’s plane safe, and if you’re going away for just the weekend or something, and don’t want to take the whole bottle, I squeeze a bit into one of those mini plastic tubes you pick up from the drug store (or even ask your local makeup counter if you can have one of their sample size tubes). I don’t like the feeling of having makeup caked on my face, so this lightweight foundation is great.
12. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($38) – There’s also a smaller travel size for $23. If you don’t already own this product you must get it right now! This powder sets your makeup, which is a must, especially when you’re traveling and embarking on all these adventurous activities! I even find it helps my makeup stay on when I’m super sweaty on the beach or on a hike!
Now onto the giveaway!
I’m anxious to hear your favorite Sephora products! One lucky reader is going to win a $100 Sephora gift card!
Head to Sephora.com and pick out your favorite product, then come back here and comment which one you selected!
In a separate comment, follow A Dash Of Luxury on Instagram!
For ANOTHER Entry:
– In a separate comment, subscribe to A Dash Of Luxury’s YouTube Channel.
One winner will be chosen at random on Monday, May 9, 2016 and awarded a $100 usd Sephora Gift Card. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. This giveaway is open to residents of the contiguous 48 U.S. states, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the following international locations: Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, and the United Kingdom, as that is where Sephora currently ships to.
Good luck to all!