A few years ago, I did a post on the five most amazing hotels in the World. In the post, we visited amazing resorts in Desert Springs, CA, Paris, Dubai, County Wicklow, Ireland, and Maui. Well, I’m at it again, with five more hotels to add to your must visit list.
1. First, we’re headed back to Ireland to check out Ashford Castle. This amazing resort is located in County Mayo and is one of the most unique places ever! Totally on my bucket list!
First off, it’s a castle, so there’s that. But really, there’s so much to do here that you never have to leave the grounds. There’s a spa, which is normally one of the most amazing amenities ever, right?! I’m sure it’s fabulous here, but that’s not why you should want to go. You can ride horses, zip line, learn archery, take a boat (or even charter a luxury yacht) on the lake, and coolest of all, attend falconry school! I don’t know any place you can do something as cool as all these things, and again, without ever leaving the hotel grounds! All prices are listed on the Ashford Castle website, so it’s really easy to plan!
2. If you’re on Instagram, of of my favorite drool-worthy accounts is @americanspamag (hey and while you’re at it, follow me too @adashofluxury!). Anyway, I’m pretty spa-obsessed and, thanks to this account have discovered some new hotels that have been added on my list! I’m sucker for a hotel spa that has plunge pools. Especially ones that look like these.
OF COURSE this hotel is located in Bali. It seems like every amazing hotel in the World is over there. This is at the BVLGARI (Bulgari) Hotel.
What’s double-awesome about this place is inside the hotel is an arts and crafts store, featuring work from local artisians, which is just… wow! Major cool factor!
3. One & Only Hayman Island is also now on my bucket list. Is this place a dream? Because it sure looks like it! Located pretty much INSIDE the Great Barrier Reef, One & Only Hayman Island has accommodations fit for a queen and king!
And they sure charge for it! This place is going to require some saving up! They have a ton of room options, from lagoon view to poolside suites, and even family rooms!
Of course there’s a beach, spa, onsite activities – like hiking, and pools, but here you’re really going to want to embark on some excursions, like snorkeling around the Great Barrier Reef and checking out the Whitsunday Islands! You can go by seaplane or helicopter.
4. I’ll admit it. I didn’t even know where Dalian was until I looked up this hotel. The Castle Hotel is part of The Luxury collection, and I only discovered it because I was looking at their brochure that was in a suite we were staying in at another Luxury Collection hotel. Dalian is in China, by the way. Is this not the most gorgeous hotel you’ve ever seen?!
Yes, this is real life.
5. Location, location, location! That’s whammy next hotel pick is all about! The Oberoi Amarvilas in Agra, India is literally STEPS from the Taj Mahal.
But before I get into this specific hotel, Oberoi hotels in general really impress me. Their biggest market is India, but they have hotels in Indonesia, Egypt, and a few select other locations as well. They offer some of the most amazing experiences and I only know this because for about a week in 2013 we were going to India, but then changed to Thailand instead. Still, India is on the one-day list, but probably won’t happen for many, many, many years to come. Oberoi hotels are on the back burner for when we visit, especially the one in Agra! This hotel, besides it’s stellar location, offers cool experiences like dining under the stars, local spa rituals, and couples can even renew their vows with a special Hindu blessing!
So there you have it! Another list of five of the most amazing hotels in the world! I’ll try to do these more often, and if you’re even in the need for a hotel rec, shoot me a message (contact form at the bottom). I seriously have about five hotels for every place in the world, because I’m obsessed like that!