I’m sure you’ve heard of family-friendly business trips, but pet friendly business trips?
I mean, why not?
More and more hotels have become pet friendly lately, and I have to say – I LOVE IT! THANK YOU!
Recently, Josh has been traveling a lot for work, and since I own my business, I’m able to tag along. I haven’t been the only one either – our dogs have also been in tow! We had so much fun during our staycation in NYC, and the dogs were so well behaved, that taking them with us is a no-brainer.
Here’s a list of some important things to keep in mind when traveling with your furry babies:
- Make sure they’re up to date on their shots, and are on flea/tick medicine. I don’t care how well of a hotel brand it is – you just NEVER know!
- Try using a harness instead of a collar/leash. It’s more comforting to them, especially in a foreign place. There’s something about it that makes them feel secure.
- Bring their favorite toy. Seriously, it’s a lifesaver!
- Bring something of theirs – a favorite blanket, sheet, bed, etc. Also, a comforting lifesaver.
- Go to your vet’s office and get a certificate of health. Most hotel’s require seeing this when you check in, and even if they don’t, it’s good to have.
- Bring your own treats and food. A lot of pet friendly hotels (especially luxury ones) supply this sort of stuff. However, I always say it’s best to stick with what your dog(s) like and are familiar with. New foods can lead to some messy accidents.
- Keeping with the above, bring wee wee pads and a good stain remover. Hopefully you won’t need it, but it’s good to have for those “just in case” instances!
- Things I also pack: dog shampoo (you never know what dirt/messes they may get into. re: rolling around in dirt in Central Park), nail clippers (my dogs are wimps, and if god forbid something is bothering them, it needs to be taken care of NOW). Benadryl. Obviously, consult with your vet first, but in case of any allergic reaction, we always give a tiny bit and it goes away!
We’ve been on so many trips recently, I’m doing a photo dump of these crazy little guys! Enjoy!
They’re just so stinkin’ cute!